Xin Jin Shan Chinese Language and Culture School
Dear teachers, students and parents,
After 5-day stage 4 restriction snap lockdown, Premier Daniel Andrews announced Wednesday that the lockdown will end Wednesday night and we could return to normal life from Thursday 18 February and schools will re-open. We would like to let you know that our Chinese school would return to onsite learning from this weekend.
To ensure we have a safe and healthy learning environment onsite, please be aware:
- Students of all year levels would return to onsite learning. If anyone feel unwell, please stay at home or seek medical advices.
- Staff and students experiencing compatible symptoms on campus with coronavirus (COVID-19), such as fever, cough or sore throat, would be isolated in an appropriate space with suitable supervision and students should be collected by a parent or carer as soon as possible.
- Parents must wear masks when entering the campus. Parents are expected to leave the campus as soon as possible after dropping off and picking up. Parents are not expected to stay onsite during class time.
- Students over 12 years old are required to wear masks in the classrooms and outside when 1.5 metres physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- All staff, students and visitors to school should undertake regular hand hygiene. Sharing of food is not recommended. Always wash your hands before taking food. Use non-contact greetings (not shaking hands, hugging or kissing).
- Doors would be kept open if feasible to keep air circulating.
I would like to present our sincere appreciation to all our staff, parents and students for following the Covid-19 restrictions of Victoria. Keep ourselves and our family members safe is the best way to keep our community safe. Thank you very much for your great support.
Let’s see you again on campus this weekend.
Kevin Hu, Principal